With versions 3.1.6 and 3.1.7, iNavX improved GRIB files request by proposing a new window settings.
As MacENC, can now choose several settings for required files, so as to optimize the size of a file based on the navigation area.
In Forecast, function “Settings GRIB” offers several choices :
- Days allows to select forecast term : 3, 5 or 7 days.
- Hours allows to select forecast intervals : all 3, 6 or 12 hours.
- Resolution allows to select data grid : 0.5 ° grid, 1,0° or 2.0 ° (30 Nautical Miles, 60 MN or 120 NM).
- Area allows to select the extent of the geographical area covered : 20° x 20°, 30° x 30 ° or 40 ° x 40 ° centered on the position or, default, chart opened while request.
- Wind model selects the weather model file, GFS (¹) default for all queries and all regions of the globe, COAMPS (¹) for regions surrounding the U.S.. (²) and only for the query “Surface wind” (and barometric pressure).
iNavx with iPhone :
iNavX with iPad :
This allows better targeting the forecast area navigation (Coast, large, open sea) and especially to accelerate loading times by optimizing the size of files. These choices are, of course, to complete before launching an application, whatever the type of file requested.
I recall an account x-traverse must be subscribed to receive GRIB files required, then download them from your iPhone / iPad.
NOTE : In settings Settings of your account on the website x-traverse.com, the option to also receive GRIB files by mail is " Forward GRIB Notifications » must be checked.