Actually, Actisense company, well known for its NMEA interfaces (multiplexers and gateways), designed the NGW-1 ISO, an NMEA 2000 converter to NMEA 0183 and vice versa. Connected to a Miniplex-2Wi de ShipModul ou un WLN10 device, the converted data will be sent via WiFi to iNavX.
A NMEA 2000 system generally has GPS receiver and other instruments.
Connect a Actisense NGW-1 to ISO-Miniplex 2wi :
- White wire from the NGW-1 connector of the IN1, IN2 or IN3 of Miniplex
- Blue wire connector NGW-1 B IN1, IN2 or IN3 of Miniplex
If you use iNavX with an iPad, and you have an autopilot NMEA 2000, you can send NMEA data 0183 to it :
- Thread of the NGW-1 connector A of the OUT1 Miniplex
- Black wire from the NGW-1 to B connector of the OUT1 Miniplex
Connect the NGW-1 (ISO) to backbone NMEA 2000. Then bind to iNavX Miniplex-2wi (see ²).
Connect a Actisense NGW-1 ISO to a WLN10 :
- White wire from NGW-1 NMEA In connector of WLN10
- Blue wire from NGW-1 to NMEA In- You WLN10
Connect the NGW-1 (ISO) to backbone NMEA 2000. Link follows in iNavX WLN10 (see ³)
(¹) N2K : U.S. abbreviation NMEA 2000 (N 2 kilos).
(³) See’iNavX Help