Christmas comes soon, and Apple Books Store will close its doors for the holidays. Publishers are required to send their works according to a prescribed schedule. So I updated the user guides in advance in French and in English for all three versions Lite, Routing and Routing & Navigation.
You will be able to discover in preview the latest news to be published around the Paris Nautic boat show.
For all versions :
- Adding new weather and ocean GRIB models (always included in the Weather subscription).
- Explanation “Safe Mode”.
- Improved Home interface (Zones / GRIBs).
For Routing & Navigation, in addition :
- New Man Overboard function (MOB).
- Support iPad / iPhone built-in sensors (barometer, electromagnetic compass, 3-axis gyro) to display new data : atmospheric pressure (PRESS), magnetic heading (HDM), heel angle (HEEL).
- Support of new external ultrasonic and electromagnetic sensors for drift calculations (LWY), current instantaneous direction and speed (DOC/SOC), air temperature (TMP) and sea surface temperature (SST). Addition of the setting of these input NMEA data.
- Added new NMEA data output for external instruments.
- AIS : ability to disable the alarm for an individual target.
- Sharing own ship data available (location, AIS data, instant weather data (wind, temperatures, current), via internet connection with cellular or satellite (Iridium GO!™) when downloading a GRIB file.
And… an informant close to the stuff let me hear that pleasant surprises are in the pipeline about charting…
The guides are for free, without buying apps, allowing to get a good idea of the functions and interface through the many videos included.
For updates Apple Books, see the recent tutorial.